Traditional vs Digital Impressions
Our skilled and experienced staff are experts at taking traditional dental impressions which usually take less than 30-60 seconds. However, using an iTero scanner, we can take a highly accurate digital impression of your teeth and jaw. The new technology eliminates the tray and putty impressions and ensures an accurate impression resulting in improved treatment and a more comfortable patient experience. Digital impressions also give you the ability to see your teeth instantly in 3D, improving communication during the consultation and treatment process.
The iCAT Cone Bean 3D Dental Imaging System allows our team to provide quick, comfortable, and effective dental imaging for the most precise dental health diagnosis possible. iCAT technology provides 3D data for:
- Dental implants
- Skeletal jaw abnormalities
- Supernumerary teeth (Extra Teetj)
- Wisdom Teeth extractions
- Dental Impactions
- TMJ treatment
- Airway assessments and sleep apnea
- Full facial and jaw 3D images
- Precise tooth and bracket positions for SureSmile treatment planning
Patients can take advantage of a more complete dental treatment with iCAT imaging. Special features for patients include:
- One, 4.8 - 14.5 second scan that provides enough data for a complete diagnosis.
- A safer diagnosis with less radiation than traditional CT scanners.
- Increased comfort - patients are seated in an open environment with plenty of space.
- A more cost effective imaging system.
- Doctors can easily share the data with patients, so that patients stay informed and are able to make educated decisions on their course of treatment.
- 3D data can be shared with referring dentists and other dental specialists to aid in treatment planning.
The Picasso diode soft tissue laser is the ideal tool for performing many periodontal procedures. In his orthodontic practice, Dr. Kan Tsunoda primarily uses the laser to perform minor dental exposures (gingivectomy), to better facilitate ideal bracket placement or dental eruption. These procedures are painless and require no gingival (gum) anesthesia (numbing).
- Increase predictability of tooth movement
- Potential surgery cases treated without surgery
- No headgear and helps reduce patient responsability
- Potentially reduce treatment time
The iLase™ diode soft tissue laser is the ideal tool for performing many periodontal procedures. We primarily use the laser to perform minor dental exposures (gingivectomy), to better facilitate ideal bracket placement or dental eruption. These procedures are painless and require no gingival (gum) anesthesia (numbing).